Thursday, February 28

"Sydney's mom! Sydney's mom!"

Honestly, I had a great day today. I got my exercise walking through the zoo with 18 first graders and their entourage of teachers and parents. I got to spend time with my friend. I got to eat a hamburger for lunch. And, I got to be an awesome mom. All in all, a pretty fantastic day.
11 Things about Today:
1. No goat tried to eat Sydney's lunch. In fact, we didn't even get near any goats.
2. Sometimes, it gets super cold in Houston. I made it down to the zoo in record time, so ended up standing outside for about 30 minutes waiting for Marlo, and then the kids. I dressed as warm as I could, but standing outside when it's cold is just a way to court being cold, I think.
3. Eighteen kids at the zoo is a fun thing. They rocked.
4. The giraffe looked right at us. The bears were hibernating. The lionesses were chewing on something (that I can only hope was a zebra bone, because that would be so cool). The meerkats were happy. Unfortunately, the cold weather made for a whole lot of empty animal enclosures. Everyone was trying to stay warm.
5. Kids will run to the first mom they see when they get freaked out by something.
6. I didn't get the haircut that I wanted, because I was so tired that I just came home, ate my lunch, and sat on the sofa until I had to go pick her up at school.
7. Marlo is awesome. I enjoy having a friend here!
8. Jellyfish are still among my favorite animals.
9. Many children eat more fresh fruits and vegetables than my child. But my child will eat dried fruit and prefers pita chips, as compared to the Cheeto messes and potato chip bags I saw at lunch. I guess it's a give and take.
10. All children will reply and respond when called, "baby," "sweetheart," and "honey." But I only call mine, "angel face."
11. Also, my little girl is a confident, independent and smart rock star. (I'm biased, but really, it's the truth.)

No comments: