Monday, February 4

Also, save some money

Brian and I wrote out our List of Goals for February this past weekend. Poor Daisy is on the hook to lose a pound by her next weight check-in. That means that I'm dropping the hammer on any extra-curricular eating she does, which means that Oliver's food is going to be hand-fed to him, ensuring that she doesn't get any of it. Also, a carry-over from last month: finish the beer in the refrigerator.
Most importantly, I am to send out three query letters to literary agents. And I've had an epiphany about my book. I'm going to spend the day tomorrow reformatting it from a rhyming scheme to a straight-up story. No rhyming, no sing-songing. I think that will make it a more user-friendly piece, and will increase my chances of it getting read.
Also, the agents are accepting queries via e-mail, which gives you a quicker response. And makes it easier for chicken-shit authors like myself to just e-mail the thing, and know that it's sent and there's nothing that can be changed about it. Done and done. Stop being scared. Also, by the time you finish your next breath, your life is in someone's inbox, and maybe even something good will come from it.
I'm excited to dig into the book again tomorrow. After coffee, of course.

No comments: