Friday, January 4

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I am antsy today! Antsy in my pantsy! I am beyond eager to start taking down my Christmas decorations, but I'm waiting ... until Monday, when my "helper" will be back in school. I am starting little bits here and there on the sly.
But mostly, I sit on my sofa and do naught but look around at all the things I want to put away. And then I start to catalog all the things I want to donate, too.
I can't wait to get digging through this place and then to make my drops at the donation stations. Because it's not just Sydney's toys, or my clothing, or decor. It's everything that can be donated, and if it can't be, then it gets trashed. I'm feeling a major Stuff Cleanse coming, and I'm ready.
But first, I have to wait for Monday.
Also, I read on Tania's Facebook that she and Vince had sat down and figured out their goals for 2013. I like the idea of this. I decided though, that Brian and I, because our situation is tenuous at best, should really just roll month to month. So, we created our goals for January. They don't have to be lofty, we reasoned, because they're monthly, but they do need to be the good things that need to be done. This month: * Finish the beer in the fridge, and never buy more than a six-pack when it's just us because we never drink it. * Get the Jetta's safety inspection. * Visit one 2nd grade classroom, to get the ball rolling on finding Sydney's new school for next year. * Figure out the Top Golf driving range place and get Brian going there once a weekend, no exceptions.
You see? All perfectly reasonable goals for January. I think I like this new plan.

No comments: