Wednesday, January 9

Sure, color-coordinated books

I spent the entire day in my office, going through piles of papers, the bookshelves, my desk drawers and the picture bins. The steady thrum of raindrops on the window was a perfect musical accompaniment. If someone walked into my office right now, they wouldn't necessarily notice anything different in the room than yesterday, but I certainly do. More space, less clutter, also cleaner. Still donations everywhere in there, but that's boring.
Tomorrow, I take on Sydney's room. It's actually already in really good shape, but I've got couple little corners and hiding spots that I'm interested in diving into.
I'm also going to read my Real Simple for January. It's cover line is "A Year of Organized Living." If this magazine holds all the keys to organizational living that I'm hoping, it will become my life bible. I'm already on my way to a slimmer Stuff Footprint, so it would be nice if this could help me out a bit more. But for now, I continue on my quest of cleaning out. Every day without kid and husband, another room.

No comments: