Saturday, January 12

Reading should not be scary

Question: Are my reading glasses actually required for actual book reading?
I honestly don't know. I only noticed the need for reading glasses because of the phone and computer. I haven't even tried them out with an actual book. Or a magazine, actually.
I've picked up a book a few times, but haven't really sat down and even cracked it yet.
The unknown of it is scaring me a little bit, because I just love reading so much that I don't really want the practice of it to change at all. I mean, what if I don't like reading a book with glasses on? What then? Do I muscle through it and ultimately begin to resent my need for glasses? Or do I stop reading, and definitely resent my need for glasses? (I feel like I should have prefaced this post with an "Irrational Fear" headline.) Do I just be a real girl and just READ A BOOK?
I can't start tonight because it's way too late. And I won't start tomorrow because I've got a school project to help with and a football game to watch. Also the Golden Globes are on tomorrow night.

No comments: