Tuesday, January 8

Let's not freak out too much

So, come to find out that the problem in Sydney's room with the power was the result of a small overheating of a power outlet that melted the wires behind it and singed the plate cover. No big deal really, just a SMALL ELECTRICAL HOT SPOT IN MY BABY'S BEDROOM. I'm trying hard to not freak out too much. The maintenance guys replaced the outlet, and gave me a talking-to in regards to too much stuff too close to an outlet. And then the weird, smokey and plastic-y smell from her room a couple days ago (that we thought came from the heater) makes more sense to me.
The guys checked all the electrical in the house, too, to calm my paranoia, which I appreciated. Problem solved. And Sydney got to play in her room again, with, as she noted, every single light on.

No comments: