Wednesday, January 30

It's all about moms

I'm an awesome mom!! Lego had a triceratops to sell me, and it's being shipped out tomorrow! Yay happy!! Oh my gosh, you guys, had you seen how excited my baby was to hear that, you would think, as I do, that it was totally worth the effort. If there are a few things Lorraine taught us girls, one is that writing letters tends to yield results.
I received a very heavy, but small, box from my mother today in the mail. It was full of solid-glass Valentine hearts. Just hearts. No note. No complementary candy. No notification of why. Just hearts. But knowing her as I do, I immediately set out to find someplace in my house to set the hearts as holiday decor, since they obviously weren't working with the Interior Designer's vision of Valentine's Day in her home.
Sydney needs a shoebox for school, as the children will decorate them in the next several days, creating mailboxes for their Valentines. In my house, we do not save shoeboxes. Everyone has a bin in which they keep their shoes for easier access and yes, easier moving from house to house. To be sure, I have more than a couple bins, Brian has a couple, and Sydney has one because her shoes are small. Anyway, we have no shoeboxes in the house. Tomorrow, I will make the ultimate sacrifice by going out into the cold, scary world and buying a pair of shoes, just so Sydney may have her shoebox. I'll do it. Because that's the kind of loving, self-sacrificing, caring mother I am.

No comments: