Wednesday, January 23

Evil is banana-flavored candy

So, the state inspection went just fine, with the awesome Jetta making it through and getting its sticker, even with the 24-inch crack in the windshield.
I said to Jonath, "Really? It passed? Even with the crack in the windshield?"
He shrugged, and kinda smiled at me, and goes, "Well, it isn't ... really ... in your eyeline."
I told him he was today's hero, and happily climbed into the car, content in knowing that I could cross something off my January List of Goals, and that I could wait until next month to get my new windshield.

Also, my neurotic self is having a bit of a snit today because I put out the Valentine's Day decorations this afternoon, making the place all warm and loving and full of hearts. All this before February 1, which is not at all how I do things. But my baby is so excited for Valentine's Day, and even has a paper countdown, so I did it to make her happy. But I discovered a shocking lack of random, cool pretty decorations. Michael's was disappointing, and Target even more so. Tomorrow, I venture forth to Pier 1.
I did pick up a bag of Valentine's conversation hearts at Target though, with the words in Spanish because I think that's awesome. In my life, since my childhood, I've had an aversion to these hearts. But again, cute. So now I've got a mug full of these candies on my kitchen counter. I decided to try them again to be sure I don't like them. I was not disappointed. I tried an orange one, and then a green one. The flavors, until then, had been nondescript. The yellow though, tasted like banana. I appreciate my lightning-fast reflexes more today because of how quickly I was able to spit out the offending yellow sugary nastiness. And I haven't tried another one since. I'm done with them. They've broken my trust. And now they're nothing but decoration.

No comments: