Friday, January 18

Birthday ugh becomes okay

Well, that's that, isn't it?
40.

Good things about my birthday:
Peppermint mocha and croissant for breakfast.
Modern Family and 30 Rock for morning entertainment.
Singing friends on my phone.
Calling Mom even though I had a text telling me specifically to let her sleep for another hour.
Lunch at Chili's.
Shopping at Ikea, and getting Sydney's first big-girl desk and chair.
Dairy Queen that also sells Orange Julius, though mine was strawberry.
Watching The Bourne Legacy with minimal interruptions.
Dog love.
Dinner at Pei Wei.
Birthday cake with delicious sugary frosting that made my teeth tingle.
I get to sleep in tomorrow morning.
Realizing that I've survived 40 years on the planet with minimal scarring -- psychological, physical or otherwise.

I say, "No joke, 40, you had better be worth this."

No comments: