Monday, January 7

Big yawn, time for bed; hate alarms

ITEM!: Our electrical issue stretches into another day, as the electrics guy from the complex was unable to make it here today, and will be here tomorrow. I'm getting paranoid about electrical fires at this point, so the sooner he gets here, the better. I need a full-apartment check on my circuits and all that before I settle into comfort again.
ITEM!: Christmas has left the building. It took me longer than normal because of my helper and my dragging my ass about it, but it's done and packed away for another 11 months. The only bit of Christmas remaining: the Rudolph and Clarice that Sydney thinks she so cleverly hid from me, the picture of Oliver that Syd decided should stay on her bathroom counter, and the light-up Tyrannosaurus Rex on my balcony that I have no place to store.
ITEM!: As much as I bitched yesterday about Sydney having the day off from school today, it was super nice to not have to set my alarm last night. I do not look forward to seeing the clock at 6:45 a.m. tomorrow. I like to sleep.
ITEM!: I enjoyed watching Notre Dame get beat up by Alabama tonight. I don't really like either team, as my heart belongs in Tempe, but given all the "perks" that Notre Dame enjoys in college football -- and all the special treatment they get, and how they're number one without really playing against anyone with any real talent, and how they seem to be treated as "America's team" (the way the Dallas Cowboys are) -- I'd rather see Alabama win. And that 'Bama did win, and Notre Dame got a shellacking, too, was just a nice dessert to my evening.
ITEM!: My donations pile continues to grow, and will do so tomorrow, as well. I should probably get to donating some of it before the whole lot takes over the room and I look like a hoarder.

No comments: