Tuesday, January 22

A short list can take forever

Can we talk for just a minute about how I have four things on my list of Goals for January, and how exactly none of them have been accomplished or crossed off? The safety inspection for the Jetta is my task for tomorrow. I've made a decent dent in the beer in the fridge. But Brian hasn't been exercising much; and I haven't decided which second grade to tour yet.
I'll feel better tomorrow night after the inspection is done, but really, not a single thing can be crossed off the list yet. That's bothersome to me.
And oh my goddess, how does someone pinch their thumb between the top of the refrigerator door and the freezer handle and have it hurt bad enough that it twinges a full five minutes later? This is crazy. Is that some cosmic sign that I really don't need a midnight snack? Because it worked. I didn't get a snack, and will now settle for only a nice, big drink of water.
Also, it's a lovely thing to meet a friend for coffee. And to be able to spend a couple hours chatting. I had a wonderful morning (before, during and after the coffee), full of revelations, decisions, text conversations and phone calls. It's put a spring in my step, and purpose in my stride. Good things are afoot, I hope.

No comments: