Saturday, January 5

2013's first ITEM! list

ITEM!: I am having the hardest time being not bitchy today. I've seen a couple things that have just made me cringe, but I can't really say anything about them, for concern for the people I'd be writing about. Now, this is generally not an issue because I can be subtle enough so the person doesn't always know that they're the person. But these few things are pretty specific. I've got teeth marks in my tongue from holding it.
ITEM!: Sydney has decided to help me take down the Christmas decorations, and that the activity should be done tomorrow. I have managed to convince her that putting away the decorations is a messy activity with many boxes, so she can help me remove and group the decorations in each room. This will probably be an actual help, too, which would be refreshing.
ITEM!: My office is a crazy mess with all the piles of donations growing in it. Syd's been great about adding things to the donation pile, and I'm liking the more streamlined bedroom issue we've got going on in her space. Still, a new desk and a new storage unit will be a tremendous asset when I get to them.
ITEM!: I've cleaned my oven. At almost 40 years old, I can feel good about saying that I've never done that before. Ovens with minimal use hardly ever need cleaning, and apartment ovens need even less. But Brian so brutalized our oven over Christmas with his Incredible Leaking Turkey Tray that only a spray can of oven cleaner could get the mess fixed. Tomorrow, on the heels of using the can today, I will hit the self-cleaner option on the oven, so as to be sure that it's super clean. You know, for the next people who do more than muffins and brownies.

No comments: