Tuesday, December 25

Two turtle doves; partridge in pear tree

So, the wi-fi in the house went kaput Sunday night. It happened, coincidentally, right after I had unplugged and re-plugged a power strip, so when the Internet was suddenly gone, I, of course, blamed myself for it entirely. So, I spent an hour or so trying to "fix" it. Then, Monday morning, I called Bob's Cable Co. to complain, and was told that yes, the Internet was out for the complex, and that tech was on its way. I have no idea how long it took him yesterday, but last night I was up too late doing other stuff, and today was too busy, so I didn't get to the Internet issue until just a bit ago.
Happily, the tech guy obviously fixed the problem, and after re-booting the modem and the router, we have Internet in the house again. Sadly, when I tried to fix the problem, I reset the router, and now our network has a boring name. I need to figure out how to change the name of our network without going through all that crazy setting up business.
Also, today was Christmas and it was awesome.

No comments: