Tuesday, December 11

My nose is wounded internally

I think, given the choice between a Christmas tree that doesn't smell hardly at all, and a Christmas tree that someone has sprayed with fake Christmas tree room freshener, I'd pick the unscented tree.
This is because the room freshener actually smells more like Old Man Forest Aftershave than actual tree scent, and because 30 spritzes of any scent is enough to make a person gag.
Brian has, once again, hit upon one of the worst solutions to a somewhat non-existent problem. Know that at this moment, I am still smelling Forest Aftershave throughout my home, and he sprayed it about three hours ago. I did not agree to this, of course, and he did it while I was kissing Sydney goodnight, so as the smell spread throughout the house, my first reaction was more of an, "Ew!! What DID you do?!?!"
As for my own solution to this secondary predicament, I told him that the room freshener-slash-counterfeit tree scent may "be lost" the next time he goes looking for it. I mean that, too. With every fiber of my being, that spray will not be around tomorrow.
This place smells awful. Seriously. I yearn for the days of no-scent tree.

No comments: