Monday, December 31

My New Years so far

Manicure: The dark purple fingernail polish that I got in my stocking has been talking to me for a few days. Tonight, I heed the call, and now my nails are all pretty.
Garden Salsa SunChips: This is the perfect appetizer for a New Year's evening, after having eaten dinner a while ago.
Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN: Best part of my evening so far, by far. I've been giggling my butt off for the last two hours because Griffin is terrifically inappropriate, and Cooper is totally rolling with it. Also, they talked a bunch of smack about Psy and then were flummoxed when he showed up on their dais. Fantastic.
Chocolate chip cookie dough dip: Oliver and Daisy, who will wake for food, enjoy the dip, though their bites had no chocolate chips in them. I eat the dip with apple wedges, because that makes it healthy.
Twitter: I'm constantly watching for new tweets so I can see what the outside world is up to on this New Year's. It's a drag being cooped up inside with a sleeping baby ... and husband. I remember what it was like to go out on New Years! Maybe I'll get to do that again sometime!
Facebook: I don't think you should be able to "Happy New Year" on your status until your time zone has moved into 2013. I mean, I'm waiting until Houston's midnight. If you're going to bed, just go to bed and wait until tomorrow for that kind of thing!
Rain and weather: It's been a dreary day full of inside activities and no sunshine. It hasn't been bad, but not very exciting. Tomorrow will be more of the same. But with better football.
Almost midnight: It's 11:51 p.m. right now. Gotta go wake up my husband!!

No comments: