Saturday, December 8

My Day in Bullet Points

  • Our Christmas tree fell over tonight. First, know that a tree makes noise when it falls in Houston, so it must when in a forest. Also, there were about eight ornament fatalities, one slightly hysterical child, two adults laughing, one wet tree skirt, a few minutes of panic, and one very funny photo.
  • I'm agreeing that I need the reading glasses. I've had a hard time focusing on too many things the last few days to ignore this any longer. Monday, I suppose, I'll head back to the eye doctor's and order my glasses.
  • Sydney got to visit with Santa! Her school sponsored a Santa visit again this year, and held it during the day, which was different. We arrived to an almost-empty parking lot, and no line to see the big man. Syd was very excited to have Santa all to herself, and told him exactly what she told me she would tell him.
  • All my Christmas cards are addressed! All I need are some stamps, and they'll be ready to mail first thing Monday morning. I love that I've gotten so efficient about my cards over the last few years. it makes for a less-stressful mid-December when I know that the cards are already mailed.
  • I didn't get through my magazines today, but I'm hoping for some success with that tomorrow. Also, my recipes and food lists for Christmas-time. And some laundry. And bills. And the grocery store. And Target.
  • But the day may also be a complete wash, since my kid went to be early tonight with a fever. If she's still sick tomorrow, I'll be home with her. Or I may put Brian in charge for a bit while I run some errands. Big day, Sunday.

No comments: