Wednesday, December 12

Good stuff for a Wednesday

ITEM!: It's the best when a phone call can put you in a good mood. Chatting with Mom or with Brian's mom is always a good thing, and my Tuesday evening calls with Andrea are sometimes the best part of my week, but every once in a while, a phone call comes along that puts an extra-happy spring in my step. Today's call was from my dear friend Julia, who I haven't spoken to in a long time. Monday was her birthday, so I called and left her a message, wishing her a happy birthday, telling her how much I missed her, and that she should be sure to call me back so we can catch up. I am embarrassed to tell you how long it's been since Julia and I chatted. So when she called this afternoon, I was ridiculously giddy. It was a relatively short conversation (20 minutes), as she was running errands and picking up Aidan, but it was the exact balm I needed for my soul today.
And I guess my call on Monday made her happy, too. Yay college roommates!!
ITEM!: I did some preliminary Christmas shopping today. I bought some cards. Like I said, "preliminary." But I've got some ideas, and I cashed in our jar of coins today, too, so I've got some spending money to start with. I think stocking stuffers at Target on Friday will be my first big Christmas shopping task.
ITEM!: I'm getting into the swing of not watching a whole lot of television again! That's always so exciting for me! I've got about four books to read, and Brian and I want to burn through some Netflix movies, so these next few weeks should be good for entertainment ... (she says, as the books remain on the shelf, and they decided against a movie tonight to play a video game instead...)

No comments: