Tuesday, December 18

As a Lincoln, he looked weird

ITEM!: We watched Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter this evening. It was ... not as good as the book (though movies rarely are), but entertaining enough, I suppose. At this point in my pop-culture education, my knowledge about the different mythologies of vampires is pretty extensive. But I did learn something new about the legend of vampires in this film. Apparently, vampires are unable -- UNABLE -- to take the life of another vampire. How weird, right? How random would Buffy have been if Angel couldn't help with the slaying? Or Blade if he couldn't kill other vampires? Or how spineless would Lestat be if he were so immobilized? Goodness gracious, even frickin' ridiculous Edward was able to kill other sparkly vampires. I don't like this new "rule," so I shall ignore it. Shenanigans.
ITEM!: I think I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. In fact, I only have a couple more things to finish up, and then it's nothing but wrapping, wrapping, wrapping for me. I'm not a big fan of locking myself in a room and doing the wrapping, but I will persevere. Also, I "get" to wrap my own gifts. I'm so lucky.
ITEM!: My life on CraigsList selling things has been relatively successful this holiday season. I've sold one of Sydney's larger and more irritating toys, and am selling her car seat tomorrow afternoon. The other two things listed, well, whatever. I can donate them and feel fine about that. Really. I enjoy meeting random CraigsList shoppers in Starbucks parking lots. It's my new hobby.
ITEM!: I totally spaced on Sydney's class trip to the library today. My penance is that now I have to drive to Katy to drop her books at the library and pay a late fee. Who knows what that is, probably 50 cents or something, but I know that if I don't do it tomorrow, it won't get done until her next class trip, and that's in January. You know, when the late fee could be a dollar.

No comments: