Wednesday, November 14

Sparkly vampires at midnight

ITEM!: This morning was Sydney's school's Thanksgiving feast and program, and it was pretty awesome. The class did a little Pilgrim play, displayed their manners by seating all the moms and dads and leading us from activity to activity, and shared their artistic and scholarly talents. Also, we had lunch, which included turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans and applesauce, and a pumpkin pie that the kids made for dessert. I love school programs, they're so fun.
ITEM!: My new friend, Marlo, also was at the feast today, and we even got to sit next to each other. We happily discussed the kids, of course, but also mentioned meeting for coffee and hanging out. She said something about the new Twilight movie, and asked if I was going to see it. I told her that I would definitely see the movie at some point, but that I'd probably have to wait until next week. Then tonight, she texted me to see if I'd go to the movie with her tomorrow night! Brian, I think, was as excited for me to have plans with a friend as I, and I replied back that yes, I'd totally enjoy going to the movie. This means I'll be hobnobbing with the teenagers tomorrow night. No doubt, an incredibly entertaining blog post will follow.
ITEM!: After the program this morning, Sydney and her classmates were given the choice of either staying at school, or they could leave and spend the rest of their day with moms or dads, if they were able. My daughter, when given the choice, decided that hanging out with me would be more fun, and suddenly my quiet afternoon was nonexistent. What could I possibly do to make Sydney's afternoon awesome? How about a present-finding mission to Toys R Us? The plan: Wander through every aisle and look for things she wants for Christmas, and take pictures of those things so we don't forget. She rocked the assignment, and I have a bunch of good ideas.
ITEM!: Also, The Mindy Project is randomly brilliant.

No comments: