Friday, November 2

It's getting autumnal

I put away all the Halloween decorations today, and my goodness, I love how uncluttered my house looks right now! Of course, there's still a stack of orange and black storage bins that need to be taken downstairs to the storage, but once that's done (hopefully tomorrow), all will be normal in my home. You know, until Monday, when I put out all the turkeys for Thanksgiving.
The removal of the decorations did take most of my day, though. I did shift the way I packed them this year. NEUROSES ALERT: I finally have enough bins, and stuff, to be able to contain a room or two in a bin, and label it such. Master bedroom, bathroom, laundry and Sydney's bathroom; office and Sydney's bedroom; entry way and living room (part 1); kitchen and living room (part 2); and the all-encompassing "Misc." box. It's all good, and I look forward to unpacking and decorating next year, as it should go pretty smoothly. (I did my Christmas decorations like that last year, and I'm eager to see how quickly the decorating will go with a nice, anal-retentive system leading the way.)
I think I may go to bed early tonight. I feel like I'm practicing for my 40s when I realize that 10 p.m. is late enough on a Friday, but then I remember that we're all still kinda sick, and that I've given myself the weekend to get all our shit together for the month. And that means feeling better for all of us. So, an early night is what it is: a stepping stone towards better health in the days ahead.
Also, the leaves are starting to change on a couple trees around here.

No comments: