Monday, November 26

Bring on the good stuff

It's almost Christmastime, Y'ALL!!
I took down all the Thanksgiving decorations today, while listening to Christmas music. I spent some time on Christmas lists for the family. I was thisclose to donning a Santa hat to get through the day.
I also bought some awesome holiday lights for the living room. I think I'm getting into the holiday spirit. But for certain, I'm getting excited about doing Christmas for my kid.
She asked Brian and I yesterday if Santa Claus was real.
"Well, why did that one song say, 'you say there's no such thing as Santa?' if there is a Santa? Was the song lying?"
"Yes, baby. The song was just being silly about a Grandma getting run over by Santa. Do you think Grandma would get run over by Santa?"
"No."
"Well, then, the song is silly, and of course, there is really a Santa Claus."
Now, having dodged that particular Christmas-killing disaster, I can focus on the holiday for reals.
Yay Santa!!

No comments: