Saturday, October 27

The fire from within

You know how you try about three different ways of doing something only because the original way you do something should be done better, but then the other ways of doing it don't work and you're back to doing it the original way? That happened, and has been happening, over the last few days in regards to me and my pumpkin light.
Typically, I use a votive candle in my jack o'lanterns. I keep thinking every year that I should have a safer way of lighting my pumpkin. This year, I was all, "I'm gonna figure out a way of doing this better." So, I bought some of those light-up votives that flicker. They aren't bright enough. You can barely see that the pumpkin is lit. So then I bought a set of those LED pumpkin lights that use a 9V battery. Well, the height of the battery casing is too tall to light the pumpkin face properly, and also, it's not bright enough. A flashlight is another failed experiment.
Today, I accepted defeat. I went out and bought a set of votive candles. But tonight, the pumpkin is alight and bright, and flickering, just as it should be. So, here I am, having tortured myself for days looking for a safer alternative to candles, when instead, I could have been enjoying the pumpkin with the actual candles, because they work better.

No comments: