Tuesday, October 23

Social media is informative

I'm weirdly proud of a couple things I learned about on Facebook this morning. Things that I not only learned, but that I put into practice (mostly).
I discovered yesterday that the pumpkin we bought for carving has a soft, squishy side, thus making it uncarveable. Awesomely, this morning Sydney's school posted a link on decorating pumpkins without carving them. The idea I grabbed was a super good one: chalkboard paint. Spray the pumpkin with the chalkboard paint, and then you can draw faces, create a countdown, or just write "Boo!" on it for some good, festive, non-carving pumpkin decor. I love this idea. I bought the paint, and Brian and Sydney sprayed the pumpkin this evening. It's out on the balcony right now, drying. Tomorrow, it'll be good to go. Also, I visited my local grocery store and picked up a new, healthier pumpkin for us to carve. That's on our agenda for tomorrow.
Also, Susan posted a recipe for something awesome called, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip. And it looks like it's a pretty easy thing to make. It's very seldom that I find a foodstuff that I immediately want to save the recipe and make in my kitchen. I can't wait to try this dip. I shall serve it with sliced apples, graham cracker pieces, and celery. I think this may become my new vegetable and fruit dip. If it's super good, I'll bring the recipe to Tucson for Thanksgiving weekend and make it for the family. And then I'll have it here when Mom visits for Christmas. Yay occasions!

No comments: