Tuesday, October 16

Make it all go away!

One of my worst pet peeves is people arguing on television, or on the radio, or on any kind of screen. This incredible peeve is behind my inability to watch arguing shows. I can't stand stuff like Meet the Press, and other such shows. (I don't have any other examples because I actively avoid them.) If a show devolves into arguing, I change the channel. If a radio station station talks too much, I change it, too.
This is my reasoning, no, compulsion, to avoid debates of any kind. On TV tonight is the second presidential debate. I'm in the bedroom watching my DVR shows while Brian watches the debate in the living room. I can hear bits and pieces, but I'm avoiding any strenuous listening. I'd rather read about it tomorrow. Anyway, I hate listening to people argue, even if the stakes are super high, like for the presidency. But, I hate listening to Romney's voice and seeing either one of their smug expressions, and I'm not a fan of the split-screen look on the television. Also, the interrupting and arguing. Ugh.
If you think my disinterest in the debate means I don't care about the election or the state of the country, I would say shame on you, do you even really read this blog? But also, I've already voted. There should be special television for people who have already voted, with no commercials, debates, scare tactics or intimidation. That should be on my TV right now.
Wait a tick.
I'm watching last week's The Vampire Diaries on my DVR right now. I am watching that kind of TV!

No comments: