Sunday, October 28

Birthday Girl's big day

My baby, who is not really a "baby" anymore, turned six today. We had a lovely day down at Pleasure Pier in Galveston, and enjoyed an afternoon of fun and frivolity, as well as a delicious lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (where I chose poorly, and should have just had the fried shrimp I love so much). We stopped at Ben & Jerry's for some ice cream on our way off the island.
We were told this evening that this was "the best birthday ever," and I'm going to cling to that because I'm still having issues about the lack of birthday party. But we did have a pile of presents waiting for her when we got home, and I did have a dinosaur birthday cake, too.
The downside, of course, is the cold, or colds, that we are all dealing with. Coughing has become a constant in the house, and it's only a matter of tick tocks before all the tissue boxes start getting gutted. Thankfully, I still had some nighttime cold and cough medicine for Sydney, but I'll have to hunt for something for Brian and I tonight. (I did have some DayQuil for today.)
So, it's 10 p.m. right now, and I'm finishing up here so I can go to bed and get a good night's sleep. Brian's already snoring, and Sydney is curled up in her bed, too. Just what we need: colds aplenty.

No comments: