Thursday, October 25

A weekend hangs in the balance

I had such great plans for Sydney's birthday weekend. Good times for two days to celebrate her birthday. And today, she developed a fever.
It was weird, this morning, when I woke her up for school, she felt hot. I asked her how she felt and she said fine, and I just figured it was the warmth of being cozy in bed. But when her school called me this afternoon to tell me that Sydney was running a fever, and had been sleeping most of the afternoon, I wasn't terribly surprised. Of course, I went straight to school and picked her up, and then put her in bed as soon as we got home. After her nap, she felt better. I gave her some Advil, and she finally ate some food. She swore she felt better, and her temperature was cooler, but still, I'm not convinced.
So, tonight brings about the big questions for tomorrow: Will she feel well enough to go to school tomorrow? More importantly, will she feel well enough to roll with all the plans we've got for the weekend? I'd be lying if I told you I'm not concerned about the weekend falling apart. The lack of Chuck E. Cheese has forced me to overcompensate with awesome plans for a couple days. Very little can come between me and Awesome Plans for my kid, you know, but illness on the kid's part can certainly do it.

No comments: