Thursday, October 18

A better day was had by all

Five Things About Today:
1. We saw Argo this morning! I love those kinds of stressful and intense true stories, where you know the ending, but you still get all nervous and sucked into the story. It was super good, and I definitely recommend it.
2. I finally got Sydney into a doctor's office for her cough. It's been a nagging issue for the last few weeks, and I've just been waiting for it to go away. It hasn't, and in fact, has gotten worse again, so it prompted the doctor visit. The diagnosis is a post-viral bronchial irritation. The best medicine is a stronger cough medicine for nighttime to keep her from coughing at night (which is working so far), a humidifier in her room while she sleeps, and the weaker cough syrup during the day. The plan is to give her bronchial tubes the time to heal, and all should be well in five to seven days.
3. The weather is cooling down, and the humidity is loosening its grip on the city. I wore a sweatshirt today, but that was pretty much out of spite. It was too warm on me a couple times, but I refused to take it off. I prefer long sleeves, you know, and today I was able to indulge.
4. The Sierra turkey sandwich at Panera Bread is among the most delicious of sandwiches in the world. I get mine on country bread instead of the asiago, and with no onions. I also pick off the red lettuce leaves, since they give me a funny taste that I don't like. That spicy mayonnaise on the sandwich is ambrosia. And the kettle chips as a chaser? The whole package made me a very happy girl at lunch today. I missed Panera. They didn't have them in Arizona, you know. And since I'd gotten quite addicted in Boston, that was a problem for me. I love having one close to me here.
5. I'm finally caught up on all my shows from last week. And it only took me five days to do it. I love television.

No comments: