Tuesday, September 11

"I'm doing okay with the pig lizard!"

I frickin' love Galaxy Quest. No joke, it's one of the best cheesy movies ever. It's right up there with Evolution in my mind, which is another classic. Galaxy Quest was released in 1999, and I even remember the first time I'd ever watched it. I was in a hotel room while Mom and Howie attended some convention event somewhere. I remember checking out the movies on the hotel's television, and seeing this one, and thinking, "I could definitely dig this flick while I enjoy some room service." Little did I know that 13 years later, it would still rank high among my internal Top 50 Movies Ever.
It's been on HBO twice today, and I've sat through both showings. And I've laughed at the same portions. And I've cringed at the same cheese. Having said that, if it's on tomorrow, I'll probably watch it again.

No comments: