Saturday, September 15

No more visits to the Garden

I know this may not surprise you, but I did not have a good eating experience at Olive Garden today.
Brian's been hungry for a plate of regular, good spaghetti and meatballs recently. Why, oh why, have we not been able to find our Ottavio's in Houston? So, we visited Carrabbas earlier this month. It was good, but Brian's been wanting salad and breadsticks too, which means Olive Garden.
We had to wait about 10 minutes, and were seated next to two tables of angry-looking old women. We thought we'd try the lasagna fritta, which is breaded and fried lasagna pieces, which sounds interesting, but they're sitting in alfredo, which makes them less yummy, certainly. I ordered the baked ziti dish, hoping for a crock pot full of ziti in red sauce with some cheese baked into a crust atop it. That was not what I got. I'm even more hungry for some good red-sauce Italian food right now than I was earlier today. I'm totally jonesing for Ottavio's now. I don't know if I can wait a month for it. I'll have to, but I won't be happy about it.
It makes my sad, icky lunch at Olive Garden sit even heavier in my stomach.

No comments: