Friday, September 14

Friday fun day

ITEM!: We've decided to change our television-viewing happiness to DirecTV. Our cheesy Mike's Cable Co. has annoyed us for the last time. We're losing channels that we used to have (regular ones, not the movie channels), and our HBO channels are all messed up. So, I called DirecTV yesterday and got the deal, and made the deal, and scheduled our installation. I'm beyond excited. In addition to all the HD channels, we're also getting all the premium movie channels again, and NFL Sunday Ticket. And it's not crazy expensive. And after Brian's issues with the TV last night, he's excited to switch to DirecTV, too. YAY TV!!
ITEM!: No joke, Fifty Shades of Grey has become a very real pet peeve of mine. Every mention makes me cringe. That new book about the killing of Osama Bin Laden took over the top spot on the best-seller lists this week, and I did a little happy dance. Sure, you can say that maybe I'm jealous that a woman with some pretty clear lacking in writing style is a ginormous millionaire because of a series of badly written books, but more than that, I think I'm embarrassed for the book-reading public because they can't see how bad these books are. Also, I saw a thing on TV that discussed how these women love these books so much, but probably, if their lover came to them with nipple clamps, they would run screaming into the bathroom and lock the door.
ITEM!: I need to give my kid a lesson in patience, and I'm simply not the right person to do it. She wanted to spend her allowance on an allosaurus toy. We visited two Toys R Us stores, and they didn't have it. It explained to Sydney that she had to have patience, and that we would find the allosaurus next time. But when we got home, I hopped online and ordered the allosaurus. Add the cost of shipping here, please. The toy won't arrive until next Tuesday. She knows that, and I know that. But the toy was at Target last night. And we couldn't buy it because I'd already bought it. I wanted to show her that she's spending her allowance, and that doing her chores has a tangible reward, but now I couldn't do that. Because I got too impatient, and ordered the toy.
ITEM!: The new iPhone 5 is available to order today. I'm totally getting one.

No comments: