Monday, September 10

And a dream begets a dream

Sydney had a bad dream this morning, and crawled into bed with me at 5:45 a.m. This, inexplicably, began a different bad dream for me. I fell back to sleep, but in my dream, I suddenly was asleep in my car. I had gone down to the car for something, and decided to sleep in the front seat, with the sunroof open. While sleeping in the car, I suddenly had Sydney telling me that she'd had a bad dream, and therefore cuddled up with me in the front seat. Then, in my dream, I woke up in the car, frighteningly aware that, for her to cuddle into the front seat with me, she had to get out of her bed, leave the house, come down the stairs, climb atop the car (all this in her sleepy walk), and drop through the sunroof, to get to me. In my dream, my heart was racing like no one's business as I held her so tight, terrified of what she'd just done.
In my real life, in my bed, I was exasperated with being crammed into a 12-inch-wide space on my bed between the combined body heats of my sniffling kid and my jealous dog.

No comments: