Tuesday, September 25

Also, peppermint mochas soon!

I'm getting excited about the last three months of this year! The fall months are usually among my favorites -- a result of living those years in Boston -- so that's no surprise. But the activities coming up look like they will be super awesome. And as I'm staring at October only five days away, I'm getting really happy.
October ~ Visit to California, which will include a barbecue with the family and friends; fun days for Sydney, Mom and I; time with Daddy; hair and waxing, which is always a good thing; and real Mexican food. ... Sydney's sixth birthday, which will be celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese with her classmates; and I'm thinking Galveston's Paradise Pier with Brian and I. ... Halloween, which is one of my two favorite holidays. In fact, the decorations will go up this Friday, a full three days before the first of October, which is unprecedented for me. My neuroses clash with holiday excitement.
November ~ Cool weather, which will mean I can open my windows all night and all day, and break out the sweaters, hats and scarves. ... The G. Family may be coming out to spend Thanksgiving with us in Houston! Brian's mom suggested it this morning, and my goodness, I'm getting totally excited and way too eager for this to happen. I'd love to host the family for the long weekend!
December ~ Winter vacation from school, which means that Sydney and I can sleep in for a couple weeks. ... Mom visits for the holiday, which has become a necessity for me. I can't wait to have her here for another visit. ... Christmas shopping, which is one of my favorite activities ever. I've got a good list for Sydney already, though it could get totally blown out of the water on her birthday. I love shopping for Christmas. ... Winter, one of my four favorite seasons. ... And finally, Christmas, my favorite holiday, and the culmination of all the good stuff going on this year.

No comments: