Monday, September 3

A new yummy place to eat

Brian and I have discovered Freebirds. It's a burrito place, very similar in concept to Chipotle, but let me tell you, it's better. Today marked my second trip to our local Freebirds, and I had the exact same thing I had the first time, because it was that good. Honestly, how come no one has ever thought to make a burrito with Spanish rice before? It's delicious!
And also, they make a wonderful dessert, called a pot brownie. (It's a brownie made in a pot. That's all. Nothing marijuana-ish about it!)
Here's my burrito: Spanish rice (of course, because it's so good); ground beef; refried beans; tortilla strips; tomatoes (not pico de gallo, just plain tomatoes); and sour cream; all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. Finished off with a pot brownie, and accompanied by a good iced tea (of which I only had some of, because I topped it off with a poorly represented sweet tea, rather than the better-tasting normal tea) and all is incredibly well with me. Also, the burrito is big enough to split over lunch and dinner, thereby sharing the calories throughout the day.
Sydney enjoyed her quesadilla, and ate the whole thing. Also, the nachos look good.

No comments: