Thursday, July 26

Thursday is as Thursday does

ITEM!: Brian and I saw The Dark Knight Rises this afternoon. I don't know if this is sacrilegious, or insensitive, or what, but I didn't think once about the possibility of being shot while watching it. I mean, Brian mentioned it while we were waiting for the movie to start, noting helpfully that we would totally have been killed because there were only 14 people in the theater, but once the movie started, I was into it, and not thinking about anything else. Except my twitchy bladder during the last 30 minutes. And let's not get me started on the need for more effective gun control.
ITEM!: I made a mistake with my chocolate souflee tonight. Last week, the server poured the liquid chocolate into the souflee. And it was delicious. Tonight, the server left me to my own devices, and I messed it up. I poured too much chocolate in it and it was too gooey on the bottom. Thus rendering the bottom third of the souflee too goopy to eat. So! Next time, I'm going to try it without the chocolate poured into the middle.
ITEM!: Mom, Brian, Sydney and I spent the morning at Johnson Space Center. And it was fun, and good, but still less cool than Florida. By cool, I mean, interesting, not cool in weather. Because today was toasty, especially in a tram that's open. Also, it feels like there's a lot less to do, which there is. But on the tour, I didn't get any clarification which building was Mission Control, and my experience is lacking because of that. But we did get to see the new Mars rover cruising around on a grassy knoll.
ITEM!: Mom and I are trying to figure out what to have for our Olympic Opening Ceremonies dinner  tomorrow night. I've got a cherry pie to bake, which is my contribution. Mom is suggesting an appetizer-based dinner. I'm liking that idea a whole lot, and it'll make things easier. Frozen section, tomorrow, it's on!

No comments: