Saturday, July 21

"The rust anniversary"

Well, eleven years ago today, Brian and I got married. One year ago tonight, we were celebrating our 10-year anniversary in Las Vegas. This evening, we splurged on dinner at the French restaurant across the street. I'm not usually a fan of French food as a cuisine, but tonight's dinner was pretty amazing. I ate things I normally would stay far away from, and stuck with some good favorites (chocolate souflee!! DELICIOUS). I also had a glass of actual French champagne, not the California champagne, and it was beyond delicious. I always forget how much I love champagne until I have a glass in front of me. I should always have a bottle of champagne in my house. (In fact, I do. It's from New Year's, but still made some delicious mimosas this morning!)
And all that AFTER we found our first good Mexican food restaurant this afternoon for lunch! Such good eating today!! That must be why I feel like a bloated whale sitting here. Ugh. I don't think I'll eat anything at all tomorrow, and will detox on water. That, I hope, will help.
Still, an excellent anniversary.

No comments: