Wednesday, July 11

She's really pretty awesome

So, it was a valiant attempt at a concert movie, but Katy Perry: Part of Me was, for Sydney, an epic fail. She managed to get about 20 minutes into the movie before asking me if it was almost over. She asked me again about 20 minutes later. She asked me several times if we could leave yet. And finally, with only 30 minutes to go in the film, she crawled up into my lap and fell asleep. But, the movie poster is up on her wall, and that's her doing.
As a concert documentary, the movie was a good one. As an entertainment piece for a five-year-old, not so much. I had hoped for more actual concert footage, rather than so much behind-the-scenes stuff. I was anticipating more singing and dancing, and less background and sad. But that's strictly from Sydney's perspective. I enjoyed the movie. And I think I like Katy Perry even more than I already did, if that's possible.
On the up side, today proved that the child will fall asleep in a movie theater, if she's comfortable and tired enough. So, maybe a nighttime movie for Brian and I isn't such a bad idea after all.

No comments: