Tuesday, July 3

My blood! Mine!

I had my first emergency purchase of mosquito repellent today.
Sydney and I were off to the Houston Zoo this morning to check out the animals as well as the dinosaur exhibit they have for the season. We were about half way there when I realized that I hadn't prepared us for the mosquitoes that seem to prefer the downtown area. In the car, I thought, "Well, maybe it won't be too bad." Well, we had arrived at the zoo, had been there for about 10 minutes, and were making our way through the dinosaurs when I felt the first little sucker on my left leg. Then I felt one on my right leg. Then I felt like I felt them on every exposed bit of skin.
Happily, there was a dinosaur gift shop at the end of the exhibit, and in that gift shop were little purse-sized bottles of mosquito repellent in a spritzer spray form. The spray was only $5. I told the girl that I probably would have paid twice that for the stuff, and that they were missing out on some serious profits in regards to the bugs. And before she was even done charging me for the spray, I had the bottle open and was spraying my legs. Then my arms. Then Sydney's legs and arms.
We ventured through the exhibit again, and I'm happy to say that Sydney and I were protected from the little bastards throughout, as well as for the rest of the day. And now, I have a purse-sized spray for the next time I forget to apply the stuff. And I think I'll pick up a couple extra full-size bottles the next time I'm at Target, one for the car and one for home.
I fight the mosquitoes. And with the assistance of chemicals and other stuff I'd rather not think about, I just may win.

No comments: