Tuesday, July 31

It's the last day of July!

I think I'm gonna start blogging in the afternoon, so I don't get too tired at night after watching all the Olympics coverage, and then blow it off ... as has been the case over the last few days.

ITEM!: I made a purchase at Barnes & Noble today that I think is super awesome: a rhyming dictionary. I saw the cover of this book on a television show the other night, and immediately knew that I had to have one. That I don't hang out in the reference section of Barnes & Noble was suddenly shameful to me. There were only two of the rhyming dictionaries in the entire section, and I was quick to snap one up as soon as I saw it. I can't wait to crack it open and see if it will help me with those couple little places in my story.
ITEM!: Sydney and I went to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch today. This is among one of my circles of hell, but it's less at the center of hell than the children's museum, which was her other suggestion, so I opted for pizza and a booth to sit in.
ITEM!: I honestly cannot believe that tomorrow is August already. This year is flying by. As our life in Houston stands right now, Brian's practice is being built, and should open in late-October or very-early-November. Sydney starts first grade in a few weeks. I'm fine, and ready to get my butt back in the gym regularly. Also, I'm not as horrified by the summer weather here as I thought I would be, but I also have been told that August is the worst month of the summer. I've found a groomer that I like for Oliver and Daisy. So, really, we're all doing okay.
ITEM!: The Olympics are my crack right now. If the TV is on, it's tuned to the Olympics. I'm obsessed with not getting any results before the coverage at night. I mean, really. We watched equestrian eventing this morning. We watched water polo this afternoon, and it's currently on men's beach volleyball. I am so into this, it's crazy. And I love it. I won't apologize for my obsessive behavior, in fact, I revel in it.

No comments: