Tuesday, July 24

Ice cream parties rock!

We had an ice cream tasting party in the kitchen tonight. I love Ben & Jerry's for these events.
Tonight's flavors: Key Lime Pie, Rocky Road-ish, and Chocolate Therapy.
Key Lime Pie is lime ice cream with graham cracker balls and a key lime swirl. Mom says: "It needed more key lime flavor, and less of everything else." Kimmie says: "I like it. I can only have three or four bites at a time, since it's a bit of a palette cleanser, but as a whole, I'll enjoy this pint."
Rocky Road-ish is toasted marshmallow ice cream with a marshmallow swirl and chocolate-covered almonds. Mom says: "Surprisingly tasty, but not chocolate enough. It's the opposite of the Key Lime, which didn't have enough of the flavor that I wanted, while this one didn't have enough of the flavor I wanted." Kimmie says: "I am surprised that I like this! I thought the toasted marshmallow ice cream would be a deal breaker. But after the second bite, I can say that I'll be pleased when the rest of this pint is left for me."
Chocolate Therapy is chocolate ice cream with chocolate cookies and a chocolate pudding swirl. Mom says: "Too much chocolate. But not bad." Kimmie says: "Wow. This is rich. It's like Godiva cheesecake in a pint container. One or two bites and I'm full up. Delicious though."

No comments: