Friday, July 27

And the Games begin!

I love me some Olympics, but there is only one event that I will seriously sit and log about 6 hours of sofa time to watch, and that's the Oscars. Although I do love how the organizers had the athletes moving at such a brisk pace during the Parade of Nations. And the Queen and James Bond jumping out of the helicopter. And the fireworks at the end. And the forging of the Olympic rings out of steel. But my goodness, the whole history-of-the-country-by-way-of-interpretive-dance aspect of the Ceremonies has just got to go. It's just boring. No matter what country. Even my own. "People, your kids are in history class so they can learn your country's history. We don't care about it. Just show more flying acrobats."
Still, I think London did a good enough show in comparison to last Games' Opening Ceremonies in Beijing, which was totally awesome and will probably never be matched for its size and grandeur.

No comments: