Sunday, July 8

A dynamic duo

Well, we totally did not drive to Austin for lunch yesterday. Because of the nasty weather, mainly, but also because we just kinda lost interest. It was a slow day, to say the least, but we did manage to pick up a couple video games at Best Buy.
For whatever reason, Sydney saw this Lego Batman game at Best Buy weeks ago when she and I were looking at the e-readers and also wandered the store, and thought it would be really fun. She thought she and Brian would have fun playing it. Last weekend, we did end up picking up the game. She was right, and it was a blast. Also, it seems as though we may have found the perfect video game genre for me, because I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, too. And this pleases my gamer husband.
So, our trip to Best Buy yesterday was to pick up another Lego game. In fact, we got two, because of the three we saw, these two look the most fun, and because they'll all still be there in the next several months, after we've gone through these, and assuming I don't lose interest in them.
The games are Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Last night, after Sydney went to sleep, Brian and I dug into Star Wars. And it was fun. There are a lot of games and levels, and it should be a cool thing for us for the next few weeks. I'm actually kinda bummed we won't play tonight, since we'll be watching True Blood and The Newsroom instead. But I am also pretty excited for when Sydney goes back to school, because then I can play the games all by myself.

No comments: