Tuesday, June 19

More reading, less deforestation

So, have I told you how much I want a Kindle? It's funny; I was such an Apple elitist about the reading tablets, until I read a couple books on my iPad, and then held Michelle's Kindle. The iPad, I must tell you, is not a comfortable device to read on. I find it too big, and too heavy, to be very conducive to reading. When I held the Kindle, I discovered that a reading device can be lighter, smaller, and more like a book than the iPad.
And the best part is that I don't want the super expensive Kindle, either. Emily just got the Kindle Fire, which is the light-up, Internet-surfing tablet. It looks cool, but is definitely heavier than the basic Kindle I want, and is bigger, as well. It's like a smaller-sized iPad, with all the same things of the iPad (as a reading device).
I'm looking at the Kindle Touch, without the 3G, as wi-fi has served me perfectly well with my iPad, and I can't imagine a scenario when I have to get a book so badly that I can't wait until I get to a hot spot to download it.
Reason why I'm still trying out the e-readers: There are so many books that I want to read and I want to try out, but I'm leery of buying them simply because, if I hate it, I don't want to have killed a bunch of trees for it. I'd hate for a rainforest to be deforested simply because I want to "maybe" read a book. In fact, I hate myself that any trees died for my copy of Fifty Shades of Grey.

No comments: