Friday, June 1

JUNE!! And summer

The Queen of England's "Diamond Jubilee" anniversary. My minimal knowledge of English royalty and vague remembrances of information from the news lately tells me that the Queen has led the United Kingdom for 60 years this month. She's having a couple big parties, and everyone seems to be really excited about it. In fact, I saw Meredith Veira in front of a large English building, so it must be big, if she's pulled out of retirement to cover this for Today. Anyway, hence the avatar. She's awesome. She's noble. She's got weird hair and an uncomfortable collar.
Daisy's fourth birthday. I can't believe that, a) she's managed to live to four, and b) she's managed to live to four. I love that dog, and she rocks and all that, but a calm, canine presence was not something I foresaw when she was a puppy. I wish we could get her something sinful to eat for her birthday, but she's on her diet, and has lost more than half a pound. But, she did live to four. Okay, maybe some chicken nuggets.
Sydney starts summer camp. Sydney's school is year-round, though the summer is more of a camp atmosphere. I had asked about pulling her out for the summer, but was told that I'd lose her spot in August, when regular class starts again, and would still have to pay 50 percent of her tuition during that "out" time. So, summer camp! But today, she did ask me about staying home, so I think I'll ask again next week.
Summer begins. It's been warm lately, though the humidity isn't as bad as I expect it will get in the next several weeks. In regards to the hair, I've begun an experiment tonight: I flat-ironed my hair to straighten it, and will see how long that lasts in this weather. If it works, summer may just be tolerable after all.

No comments: