Wednesday, June 20

I'm anti-Muppet

It's official: I don't like the Muppets.
I didn't really think too much about it until this morning, but while I was watching The Muppets Take Manhattan with my kiddo, I realized that I've never really liked the Muppets. People love Kermit the Frog. They love Miss Piggy. I don't have those warm, fuzzy feelings about The Muppet Show, or any of the Muppet movies. I guess I've always tried to enjoy the Muppets, but I've never loved them as others do. I can think of only one piece of Muppets memorabilia I ever had, a Miss Piggy pillow that served as the sitting place on my rocking chair. Beyond that, I've got no love for anything specifically Muppet.
And this movie today was painful. Forget that it was made in the 70s or something. Forget how awful and over the top the acting was. Just the Muppet-ness of the movie was enough to have me eager for it to be over. And to finally have me reconcile with the fact that I don't like the Muppets. And I'm okay with it.

No comments: