Thursday, June 28

Houston Astros baseball!!

You want to know something that's frustrating?
Explaining baseball to a five-year-old.
I do my best, you know, with having the patience for this conversation. And at the beginning of the game, she does a pretty good job of keeping up. But once we get into the middle to later innings of the game, it gets painful discussing ... again ... where the home runs are, and why foul balls don't count, and when does "our" team get to hit again. I try so hard. But come the seventh inning, I was done. "Why don't you just lay back against me and just watch?"
At any rate, we left during the eighth inning when the Astros were winning, but by the time we were home, the Astros had lost to the Padres after a grand slam in the ninth inning. I'm glad we left early. The kid would have been very unhappy if our team lost.

No comments: