Friday, June 8

Hair maybe-make-better attempt ONE

Hair Non-Frizziness Experiment #1
Product: Bumble & Bumble's CONCEN-Straight smoothing treatment
Process: Wash and don't condition; towel dry, comb and section hair; apply serum (which looks incredibly similar to semen) liberally to hair, covering it from roots to ends; let sit for 30 minutes, combing through every five minutes; rinse hair with warm water only; thoroughly dry hair, then flat-iron (the product is set with the heat); and finally, leave it for 24 hours before washing, with no crimping, binding, barrettes, or even putting it behind ears.
Odd difficulties I had: 1.) combing through my unconditioned hair. Holy crap, I shed a whole lot, and it's even worse when it's all knotted up and I have to dig through it; 2.) breathing after a while, because it's all chemicals and the fumes were icky; and 3.) not putting my hair behind my ears, since it's long hair now, and it bugs when it's in my face.
Longevity: This is supposed to last for 30 washes. The directions say that it will do it's part in smoothing hair and handling frizz, but if you want stick-straight hair, you'll still have to flat-iron it. I'm not interested in stick-straight, I just want it to not bug me when I look in the mirror.
Snap Judgment: I think it may be okay, but we'll know better after I wash it tomorrow morning. Also, it smelled kinda bad, so you know it was working.

No comments: