Friday, June 29

Friday night fantasticness

ITEM!: I'm going to get my hairs cut this weekend. I'm so over this long hair, and the long hairs all over my house. I wish I was one of those women who enjoyed having their hair down all the time, but I'm not. I'd like to take the time to style the hair every morning, too, but I don't. I took the time to grow out this mass of hair that's really too thin to be this long, but I don't care. I'll be salon hopping tomorrow, looking for somewhere that will take me without an appointment, and will happily cut about eight inches from my hair's length. Also, I may be heading over to Ulta, looking for some product to put in my hair every morning to help with the fly-away hairs. Not any anti-frizz stuff, because my hair clearly rejects such things, but something that'll just calm the shit down, you know?
ITEM!: Brian and I are getting really tired of not seeing movies lately. I think I'll send him to see Ted by himself this weekend, since it looks super funny. Me? I'd like to see Magic Mike. Or Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Or Moonrise Kingdom. Or People Like Us. Or Rock of Ages. I have such a list. I need that kid back in summer camp so I can get on this.
ITEM!: I'm going to start reading The Wolf Gift, by Anne Rice, tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited to dig into it. I haven't read any of her stuff in several years, because with her going all Catholic and only writing about God and angels, I lost every bit of interest in reading her books. She has since renounced her faith in Catholicism, and is again writing interesting books. Because I loved her all those years ago, I'm giving her a shot of making me love her books again, too.
ITEM!: I totally gave up on my puzzle. And I don't feel guilty, either. I boxed up all the loose pieces that were laid out on the table, but separated all the put-together pieces into chunks and laid them in the box atop the loose pieces. So, for when I have more time, patience and desire for the puzzle, all my work these weeks won't be for naught. My dining room table is my own again. Best part: no one else in my house has noticed, so I haven't had to admit my failure to finish.
ITEM!: I had a Ding Dong and strawberries for dessert. It was almost fancy, like something a person could get at The Cheesecake Factory, or Off Vine.

No comments: