Monday, June 25

But look, they're so fast!

Brian and I started to explain the Olympics to Sydney tonight. We managed to come across the Olympic trials on television, and took that opportunity to begin the process of preparing her for the totality of the Olympics experience in our household. This will be the first time she'll be old enough to understand what's going on, and to cheer with us for our team. We're actually pretty excited to have her involved with us. I mean, for Brian and I, the Olympics are all-encompassing. We watch it all, well, as much as we can anyway. And we're looking forward to infecting the kid with our Olympic spirit. As it was, she is convinced that she can swim faster than all those other guys.
As for her reaction, well, it was less than I had hoped for, but without having the actual Olympics happening right in front of her, I didn't expect a whole lot. I'm sure we'll be able to get her into the pomp and circumstance when the time comes, so I'm not discouraged, by any means.
Also, Mom will be here for the Opening Ceremonies, and I'm giddy about sharing it with her, too!

No comments: