Saturday, June 2

Blended goodness

I wish I could tell you that my blender died tonight because of all the margaritas that we drink, but no, the machine's turning thing in the base crumbled due to a shocking lack of use in the last 10 years. It's a little plastic piece that I'm hoping I'll be able to find on Cuisinart's web site, but still, it killed our blender-based smoothie idea. Instead, I made a smoothie in a food processor.
Sydney decided on the smoothie ingredients: vanilla yogurt, fresh blueberries and ice. I must admit that it was quite good. I'm having a desire to try it with plain yogurt, and pineapple, or some strawberries, or blackberries. Okay, how about watermelon? Would that even taste like anything? I'm interested in experimenting!
But I don't like using the food processor, so will have to figure out the fix for my blender. Like, fast.
Or, could this be a reason to buy a new, pretty, red blender?

No comments: