Tuesday, June 5

Air conditioners are pretty awesome

Well, this is working out better than I thought it would. What you're seeing in that picture there is the portable air conditioner that we bought for the loft apartment in Phoenix, but that we couldn't use because we had no usable window upstairs from which to vent the hot air. In this apartment, the unit is able to be much more help, and now helps keep the living room, dining room and kitchen a cooler temperature.
It's a loud air conditioner, which means that the television is louder, which means the entire apartment feels louder. So the solution becomes that I am turning the unit off when I go to bed, so I can turn down the TV.
To be sure, the apartment a/c itself isn't a bad one. It's just that it has to work really hard to get this main room cool enough, and the room makes that incredibly difficult during the afternoons and early evenings. So, the second a/c is being used as a supplement, and it's doing a pretty perfect job at it.
I think I'm gonna put a plant next to it.

No comments: